Last updated 20/06/2012
Home Contents Insurance
This article highlights a home contents insurance product that has been arranged for tenants and leaseholders of Adactus Housing Association, Beech Housing Association and Chorley Community Housing by Aon through Aviva.
It is the responsibility of tenants and leaseholders to insure their home contents: to protect their own furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes.
To protect their home contents, tenants and leaseholders can take out their own household insurance either with this special scheme or by making their own arrangements.
You will need to decide how you would like to pay the premium. The options available are:-
- Fortnightly or monthly by cash, using a swipe card at any Post Office or Payzone outlet.
- Monthly by Direct Debit.
- Annually by Cheque, Postal Order or Debit/Credit Card.
When you take out this insurance your household goods and contents will be insured whilst in your home. The insurance also covers theft of your keys and the contents in your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability. Accidental damage is not covered as standard other than what is detailed in the policy summary. However, a full accidental damage option may be available at an additional cost. (download the full leaflet from our website for details on cost of insurance table and policy summary)
All your home contents are covered by the policy on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear. When you are working out the cost of your insurance, you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace the full contents. If you under value your contents this will mean that if you claim you will not get the full value of your claim.
The lowest amount that can be insured is:
- £6,000 if you are over the age of 60.
- £9,000 for all other people.
Please refer to the policy summary which details the main circumstances that are covered (e.g. fire, theft, water damage). A specimen policy booklet is available on request.
Complete the form included in the Home Contents Insurance leaflet available on our website. Make sure that you answer all the questions and sign the declaration. If you have any queries about filling in your form, please telephone Wessex Administration Services on telephone number 01962 844454.
Once you have completed the form post it to:Wessex Administration Services Limited, Jewry House, Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RZ. Wessex Administration Services Limited are administering the scheme.
- To make sure that you are always covered you must keep up to date with your payments.
- Wessex Administration can cancel the policy if your premium payments fall into arrears.
- You may not be able to make a claim unless your payments are up to date.
Insurance starts when Wessex Administration informs you that you have been accepted onto the scheme. Wessex Administration will write to you with details of your insurance payments and the date when you should start paying. You will be notified in writing if for any reason, you have not been accepted into the scheme.
- If during the period of your insurance cover your home is likely to be unoccupied (e.g. if you are in hospital, extended holiday) for more than 60 consecutive days you will have to advise Wessex Administration.
- Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that the sum insured is sufficient to cover all your household items and personal effects.
- Adactus Housing Group and its members urge all tenants and leaseholders to take out household insurance, either through this special scheme or by making your own arrangements.
Please send Feedback
Updated by Admin on 20/06/2012 09:43:15
Comment: Removed the tag 'insurance' as it is too general.Details: (show)
Tag assignment removed: "Insurance".
Tag assignment removed: "insurance".
Updated by Admin on 03/11/2011 11:59:35
Comment: Editorial improvementsDetails: (show)
Chapter titled "Overview" content changed.
Chapter titled "Start date" content changed.
Chapter titled "Special Notes" content changed.
New Tag assigned "home insurance".
Updated by Athanasios Protopapas on 03/11/2011 08:55:32
Comment: Addded full leaflet attachment.Details: (show)
Chapter titled "Insurance for your home contents" content changed.
Chapter titled "How to apply" content changed.